Tdb - A GDB Frontend
Tdb is a Gui frontend for GDB scripted in Wize and Gui.
It provide a compact, easy to use interface that exposes
most of the Gdb-MI features.
Here is a screenshot:
Here is another screenshot with several tabs tornoff:
Tdb provides the following features:
- A Stack browser.
- A Variable tree inspector.
- A Types tree inspector.
- Files and Functions tree with searches.
- Memory, Registers, Threads and Disassembly.
- A GDB help tree browser with searches.
- A GDB options tree browse and modify.
- Direct access to the GDB interface.
Tdb is fast, and provides most navigation just by double-clicking.
- Double clicking in the Stack tab will return to that point of execution.
- Double clicking in the Variable tab will go to the declaration.
- Double clicking in the Types tab will go to the type definition, etc.
The total size of tdb.zip is about 35 K-bytes.
The implementation source is about 5K lines of which
4K lines are validated Tcl code, and 1K lines
are GUI specification. The Gui is about 50% each layout and style.
Tdb can be executed thus:
wize tdb.zip myprog arg ....
wize / Apps/Tdb myprog arg ...
Tdb maps the MI protocol directly
to a Tcl list, and thus does not require a C compiled parser.
This allows Tdb to be entirely in script.
© 2008 Peter MacDonald