Ledger is Gui based personal finance application
- Fast and easy use with auto-completions.
- Reconciliation and report dialogs.
- Import/export QIF transactions/accounts.
- Uses double-entry accounting.
- Handles 10's of thousands of transactions with ease.
- Stores data as plain UTF8 text.
- Supports RCS and CVS for backup-on-save.
- Near zero dependancies (implemented in a single .tcl file).
Here are some screenshots:
1.1 Running It
Ledger requires Wize and is run like so:
or the builtin version can be run with:
wize / Gui/Ledger
1.2 Data Storage
Since Ledger uses Tree saving and restoring
data simply uses the sub-commands dump and restore.
1.3 Multiple Books
Multiple sets of accounts can be managed using:
wize / Gui/Ledger -dir ~/work
If -dir is not given it defaults to ~/ledger.
As with all Wize applications, you can use
<Control-Alt-Shift-2> to explore it.
from the "Vars" menu to examine the accounts data,
or xaction_1 to examine transaction data.
Or use Introspect to examine the entire program state.
1.5 Un-implemented Features
- Scheduled transactions.
- Budgets and investments.
- Multiple currencies.
- Charts, graphs, etc.
- Bank download/sync.
© 2008 Peter MacDonald